Monday, June 05, 2006

If it's LT. Seymour Butts, I'm going to be pissed

________________________________

Iraq Veterans Against the War has posted an alert saying that an Army officer is about to go public, refusing to deploy, in "simultaneous, cross-country press conferences" sometime this week.

I'm highly skeptical of IVAW, simply because of the whole Jessie Macbeth frolic.

The "we didn't know who the hell he was even though he marched in parades carrying our banners and spoke at some of our gatherings" thing left a sour taste in my mouth.

By the way, I said, when all of the Macbeth stuff broke, that if it he was proven to be fake I would apologize to, well, everybody for believing him. I still stand by that. The DD214 discharge papers that were alleged to have been his were a mess, but hell, I don't know where those came from either so...

Bottom line on Macbeth: I still don't know the truth of who exactly he is, but it's not looking like he was the real deal.

As far as IVAW goes, I'm giving them one more chance simply because I'm a sucker for former military that wake up to the lie. If they fuck this up, I'm done giving them what limited exposure I can.

So it is written, so it shall be done.....

(sigh)

I really need to get out more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nemo said...

Robert: The IVAW's promised event has occurred: Fort Lewis Soldier Says He'll Refuse To Go To Iraq [KOMO4 News, Seattle, Washington] ==== A lieutenant says he is going to refuse to go, saying it's an unjust war. Anti-war groups are rallying to his defense. ==== Lt. Ehren Watada of the Stryker Brigade writes, "I refuse to be silent any longer. I refuse to watch families torn apart, while the President tells us to �stay the course.� I refuse to be party to an illegal and immoral war against people who did nothing to deserve our aggression. ..." There's an interview with Lieutenant Watada posted at TruthOut: First Officer Announces Refusal to Deploy to Iraq.

Wed Jun 07, 07:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home