Saturday, July 01, 2006

There is no try

________________________

Just a few odds and ends.

Lately I've been trying to write. Trying.

I've been, for the most part getting my point across, but that's about it. Lots of strangeness on the personal front and lots of stuff in my head have left me trying to write.

When the good stuff comes it's effortless. It comes from I don't know where and simply flows. I haven't been feeling that lately.

I've been trying.

But as Morpheus says : "Stop trying to hit me, and hit me.

People have pointed out several pressing things that needed to be written about and given attention and I have balked because I know I couldn't do them justice right now.

But soon.


You loyal readers have followed me through several different blogs, my own uncertainties, divorce, and at least one near-nervous breakdown. You're good people. Be patient a bit longer. The kid's coming back. Slowly but surely.

Whether or not you agree or disagree, I know I can do better. I don't feel I've been up to my potential. So let me be self-indulgently self-critical.

Don't send comments or notes of encouragement. I just felt you loyal few deserved some explanation. I know what I have to do to get it back, so let's just leave it at that.


On to better things:

Consider this an open thread for foooootbaaaaalll!!!!!!

Portugal just knocked off England. Beckham's leg fell off and Rooney got tossed for kicking someone in the balls. But they fought, boy did they fight. It came down to penalty kicks and Robinson just couldn't keep the ball out of the net. Portugal played a relentless game.

Congrats to Portugal.

If you listen carefully, you can hear B laughing. It sounds wonderful.

France and Brazil are at it now so I'm off.....

UPDATE : That, boys and girls, is what we call an upset.

France 1 Brazil 0

8 Comments:

Blogger Again said...

wwwwwaiting for July, 4th....<teeth chattering>

Sun Jul 02, 01:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Nemo said...

"Have you forgotten yet?... ==== Look up, and swear by the green of the Spring that you'll never forget." [Siegried Sassoon: Aftermath] ==== Of significance perhaps only to me; but for very deep reasons, profoundly significant: France Remembers Battle of the Somme ==== Albert, France - Church bells rang in villages across a patch of northern France on Saturday, marking the moment 90 years ago that launched one of history's bloodiest episodes, the Battle of the Somme. ==== The poignant tolling began a day of commemorations honoring the soldiers of 20 nationalities who fought in the Somme. But it is Britain that feels the battle's scars most deeply, and Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, were on hand for ceremonies at Thiepval honoring troops who fought in the deadliest day the British army ever saw. ==== The battle has nearly receded from living memory, but its legacy remains. Monuments - from simple markers to major museums - in the fields and towns of the Somme region serve as a reminder of how the Great War changed Europe forever, and how young European unity is. ==== Britain led allied forces into battle July 1, 1916, hoping to end 18 months of deadlock with a decisive Allied victory over German forces. Yet when it ended, after four months of vicious trench warfare ravaging the countryside, Britain had only advanced about six miles. ==== And more than 1 million troops lay dead. ...

Sun Jul 02, 02:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Barnita said...

Ok - I'm still not an enthusiast - but nice sport. And very very contagious fans - I found myself cheering - actually cheering for Portugal (just for B).Wierd. BTW - I don't get the penalty thingie.

Mon Jul 03, 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger Again said...

barnita
BTW - I don't get the penalty thingie.

yes, wondered about that weird wording, too. Weird only for me, because we call it simply "11 m" (the distance between goalie and kicker) - but the wording makes sense, because during a game it is the harshest penalty because of foul play -

you've seen it just because of the KO-system - one party HAS to win - and 120 min to play is long enough, so if both party are (nearly) equally strong, they need a decision

and that's the "11 m" - one kicker against one goalie...

Mon Jul 03, 07:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Barnita said...

ooooh- so thats why those goals don't count. Thanks for the tip Again.

Mon Jul 03, 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Tue Aug 08, 05:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Fri Aug 11, 09:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Thu Aug 17, 03:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home